1. Have your roof inspected twice a year. From ground level, binoculars can be helpful and a neighbouring property may be a useful vantage point.
2. Ladders lofts and roofs present particular hazards if in doubt call us.
3. Inspection through the loft access trap may show daylight penetration possibly caused by missing covering or damaged flashings.
4. Debris on the ground from broken slates tiles or shingles indicates that there may be a problem.
5. Have missing tiles slates or shingles reinstated before damage occurs to roof timbers or plaster ceilings.
6. Moss can block gutters and retain moisture which may damage the roof covering in frosty weather, careful removal is advisable.
7. If pointing is not maintained, hips ridges and flashings can become detached in windy weather . Look in gutters or gullies for signs of mortar droppings.
8. Leaning chimneys or chimney pots may need attention, seek expert advice.
9. Where a fuel fire is used, check for smoke exiting through brickwork or at base of chimney pots. Pointing and reflaunching may be required.
10. Many roof coverings such as lead require specialist repair. Do not use unskilled labour or quick-fix materials as these will cause greater long-term damage.
Call 07931 506918 for a free no obligation estimate for our services.